Dr. Kenji Kohiyama
Professor Emeritus Keio Univercity
Dr Kohiyama received his B.E., M.E. and Ph.D. degrees from Keio University in 1965, 1967 and 1976, respectively.
Since he joined NTT in 1967, he has been engaged in the research and
development of various radio communication systems, including digital microwave radio relay systems, satellite communication systems and mobile communication systems.
From 1992 to 1996, he was Senior Executive Manager of NTT Wireless
Systems Laboratories. He joined Keio University in 1997.
From 1997 to 2007, he was a Professor at the Graduate School of
Media and Governance.
He is currently working at STU Lab. which is his private laboratory.
- 1994: “Achievement Award” for his contribution to the development of 256-QAM digital radio relay system from IEICE, Japan.
- 1996: “Maejima Award” for his contribution to the development of PHS from the Communications Association of Japan.
2005: “The 21st Higashikawa New Photographer Prize” for his photo-exhibition “Insects: Micro Presence” at a gallery in Shinjuku, 2004 summer.
- 2006: “Grand Prix du Jury” for the activity of “Micro Archiving” from the
Laval Virtual 8th International Conference on Virtual Reality
- 2010: “The 41st Koudansha Publishing Culture Award Photographer Prize”
for his photobook “Weevils”.
- Kenji Kohiyama, Takenori Takase, Tomoo Fujioka,“Butterflies of Japan”,
Yama To Keikoku Ltd.,1972
- Kenji Kohiyama,”Swallowtail Butterflies”, Kodansha Ltd.,1986
- Kenji Kohiyama,”White Butterflies”, Graphic Ltd.,1989
- Keiji Tachikawa, Kenji Kohiyama, Yukio Tokunaga,”Everything To Know About Personal Communication”, NTT Publishing Ltd.,1995